Potato Wedges: Using a sharp knife, cut the potato in half lengthwise. Place the cut side down on the cutting board and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each quarter in half again, and you should have 8 wedges.
How to get potato wedges for your recipe?
A step by step guide on how to get potato wedges for your recipe. Using a large chef’s knife 6.5” to 8” cut the potato into half. With the cut side facing down on the cutting board half the potato again. Now flip the 4 quarters of potato and cut in the middle to create perfect wedges.
How to cut potatoes in 3 simple steps?
Directions 1 Using a large chef’s knife 6.5” to 8” cut the potato in half. 2 With the cut side facing down on the cutting board half the potato lengthwise. Now you have four potato quarters. 3 Now flip the 4 quarters of the potato and cut in the middle lengthwise to create your perfect wedges. 4 That’s it, perfectly cut potatoes in 3 simple steps
How do you cut potato wedges and fries?
Another easy way to cut fries or wedges out of your potato is using an electric slicer. These machines come equipped with blades that will shave off thin slices as its pushed across the blades.
How many wedges do you cut in half for a knife?
Cut lengthwise down the center of each half to create four large wedges. Arrange the four large wedges lengthwise on the cutting board, with the wide side on the right if you are right-handed, and on the left if you are left-handed.
How do you cut potatoes into fries?
How to Cut Fries
- Slice a potato in half lengthwise with a chef’s knife (long potatoes are best for fries).
- Lay each half cut-side down. Slice lengthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Stack about half of the slices and cut lengthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick fries. Repeat with the rest.
- Perfect French Fries.
What is a wedges cut?
A wedge cut consists of pairs of holes, usually drilled horizontally, that meet or finish close together at the back of the cut so that a wedge-shaped section of the rock face will be removed on blasting. The holes should be drilled at an angle of approx. 60 degrees to the face line.
Why Soak potatoes for french fries?
The soaking, Mr. Nasr said, is the secret to the crisp texture of the fries. It draws out the starch, making them more rigid and less likely to stick together. The cooks fry them twice, first blanching them until slightly limp in peanut oil heated to 325 degrees, and again in 375-degree oil to crisp and brown them.
Do you have to soak potatoes before frying?
2. Frying fresh-cut potatoes. Soaking peeled, washed, and cut fries in cold water overnight removes excess potato starch, which prevents fries from sticking together and helps achieve maximum crispness.
How do you hand cut French fries?
Place the potato on its side and using a large chef’s knife, cut a thin slice off the edge to serve as a flat base. Flip the potato cut side down and cut thin slices; make them the width you’d like your french fries. Stack a few of the slices, then cut them in the other direction to create french fries.
What is the purpose of a wedge?
A wedge is a triangular shaped tool, and is a portable inclined plane, and one of the six simple machines. It can be used to separate two objects or portions of an object, lift up an object, or hold an object in place.
Can I use my food processor to slice potatoes?
You can certainly use your food processor to slice both firm and ripe potatoes, and here’s how: Wash your potatoes. Peel the skins off if necessary for the dish. Cut the potatoes into halves or thinner, smaller pieces.
How do you cut onion into wedges?
How to cut onions into slices or wedges
- Cut onion in half lengthways from bulb end to tip. Remove papery outer skin.
- Place onion, cut side down, on chopping board. Cut off bulb end and discard.
- Using the tip of the knife, cut onion lengthways into even slices or, at a slight angle, into even wedges.
How do you cut lemons into wedges?
To properly wedge lemons, start by topping and tailing. Then stand on end and slice lengthwise into quarters. Take each quarter, still standing on end, and slice out the pith (white vein) and seeds. Lay skin side down, cut wedge in half lengthwise, yielding a total of eight prepped lemon wedges per whole lemon.
How to make easy potato wedges at home?
How to make crispy potato wedges without an oven?
How to make cheesy potato wedges?
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. – Cut each washed potato into 8 wedges. – Place the wedges in a bowl together with the sliced onions. Add the oil and the seasonings, then toss to coat. – Place the potatoes in a greased baking dish and bake for 45 minutes. – Bake until the cheese is melted and potatoes are golden brown.