Instructions for preparing a meal
- Prepare Ben’s OriginalTM ORIGINAL CONVERTED® Brand Rice by combining it with water and optional butter in a pot. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Remove the pan from the heat. Allow it stand for 5 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Using a fork, fluff the mixture.
How much water do you put in Uncle Ben’s rice?
Combine 1 cup rice, 223 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl (optional). Cover and cook on HIGH heat for approximately 3 hours, or until all liquid has been absorbed. In a shallow baking dish, combine the rice, HOT water, salt, and, if preferred, butter or margarine, and mix well. Stir.
How do you cook Uncle Ben’s rice in a bag?
**Cooking on the stovetop
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 4 cups of boiling water to a boil and immerse one unopened bag of rice (double the amount of water for two bags). **
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, uncovered, at a low heat. Remove the bag from the water and allow it to drain. Make a slit in the bag and dump the contents into a serving dish. If using butter, add 1 tablespoon (optional). Using a fork, fluff the mixture.
Should you rinse Uncle Ben’s rice before cooking?
Rice that has been harvested in the wild, imported, or purchased in bulk should not be washed, according to the manufacturer. You will also eliminate the nutrients that have been added to Uncle Ben’s Rice if you wash the rice before cooking it or drain the water after cooking it, as described above.
How much water do I use for 2 cups of Uncle Ben’s rice?
Uncle Ben’s Rice Cooking Instructions
- For two meals, combine 1/2 cup rice with 1 1/3 cup water and 1 teaspoon butter
- for four servings, combine 1 cup rice with 2 1/4 cups water and 2 teaspoons butter. The following ingredients make six servings: 1 1/2 cups rice + 3 1/3 cups water + 1 tablespoon butter
- the following ingredients make twelve servings: 3 cups rice + 6 cups water + 2 teaspoons butter.
What is the ratio of water and rice?
When cooking long-grain white rice on the stove, use a water-to-rice ratio of 2 to 1. Using a small saucepan with a tight-fitting cover, bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. If desired, a pinch of salt can be added towards the end of the process.
How much water do I use for 2 cups of rice?
It’s all about the right rice to water ratio. Water to rice ratios will vary based on a number of different factors, including the type of rice you use. While in doubt, a decent rule of thumb when cooking rice on the stove is to use one and a half cups of water for every cup of rice being cooked. To put it another way, for every two cups of rice, you would need three glasses of water.
Do you boil Uncle Ben’s rice in the bag?
In a big saucepan, bring a lot of water to a boil. 1 unopened bag of rice should be added and simmered for 10 minutes. Remove the bag with a fork and set it aside to enable the excess water to drain.
Why is a lid needed when cooking rice?
When cooking rice on the stove, it is common practice to cover the rice once it has begun to boil. It is probable that you have cooked the rice without a lid since you have been unable to prevent the bubbling and boiling over from occurring. Rice, particularly the top layer of rice, dries out as a result of this rapid drying.
How do you know when boil in the bag rice is done?
Place a package of boil-in-a-bag rice in the heating water and bring it to a boil. Boil for 8 to 12 minutes, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender. When the rice has puffed up and filled the entire bag, it is ready to be removed from the heat.
How does boil in the bag rice work?
In order to prepare the meal at home, the chef just places the bag into a pan of boiling water and cooks it for the amount of time specified on the package instructions. Small openings or holes in the bag allow the boiling water to enter the bag, allowing the rice to absorb the appropriate amount of liquid from the boiling water.
Is Uncle Ben’s rice any good?
Uncle Ben’s goods must meet certain criteria in order to be called healthy: they must be low in fat, low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, contain less than 480 mg of sodium per serving, and, with the exception of brown rice, be supplemented with vitamins and minerals. Healthy brown rice (which takes 40 minutes to cook) is a nutritious grain.
Is rice washed before packaging?
When it comes to enhanced white rice, washing may even remove nutrients that have been added during the processing process. If your rice is manufactured and packed outside of the United States, you may discover that washing is necessary since the rice may not have been completely cleaned when it was packaged in the first place.
Does Uncle Ben’s rice have starch?
So what’s the deal with Uncle Ben’s? Uncle Ben’s converted rice is a resistant starch that has been preprocessed to be healthier than the usual rice you see on the shelves. Few people are aware of this.